The mission of Gateway Community Action Partnership is to provide services that improve the quality of life and promote self-sufficiency.
ABOUT GATEWAY CAP
- Gateway Community Action Partnership (formed and incorporated as Tri-County Community Action Agency Inc.) is the designated Community Action Program (CAP) for Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem counties in Southern New Jersey and also provides services in Atlantic, Camden, Cape May and Mercer counties, as well as Philadelphia, Pa.
- Since becoming a CAP in 1987, Gateway has worked with residents, governments, other agencies and private sector institutions to help tens of thousands of local residents help themselves.
- Gateway CAP provides child care for more than 1,800 children daily, builds high-quality affordable housing, collaborates to do economic development, operates the Women, Infants & Children (WIC) program, provides literacy services, assists families maintain stable households, promotes fiscal stability and serves as an advocate for children and families at the local, state and federal levels.
- Gateway CAP operates programs in core areas, including housing, child care, health services, literacy, emergency services and community development and serves more than 48,000 clients annually in its coverage area.
- Gateway is guided by President & CEO Albert B. Kelly, founder of Gateway, and Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer Edward Bethea. Together, the agency’s senior management team has more than 50 years of experience in the community service field.
- Gateway is governed by a 20-member volunteer board of directors.
Visit us at: www.gatewaycap.org
Follow us on social media at: